Yin Yoga focuses on the deepest tissues of our body and their relationship to the bones along with the deep fascia networks of the body. Through this one of a kind 30 hour practicum learn more about the connective tissues-joints, tendons and ligaments.
“Unravel Yin Yoga” Level 1 is a 30 hour Practicum designed for yoga teachers and dedicated practitioners with at least 2 years of yoga experience (all levels). Prior experience in Yin Yoga is not required but an open mind and desire to learn this beautiful modality is. Unique, esoteric and informative- level 1 is 20 hours of combined Philosophy, Practice, Anatomy & Teaching Methodology. With an additional 10 hours of guided Personal Insight. This Practicum is developed to help yoga teachers and yoga enthusiasts understand the benefits of Yin Yoga: Physically, energetically, mentally and emotionally.
During our long weekend we will cover-
* Intro to the energetic body/Meridians/Koshas.
* Basic Traditional Chinese Medicine understanding.
* Exploration of mindfulness/meditation practices East and West.
* Nadis,Qi (prana) and the 5 Prana Vayus.
* Discovering and exploring the Lower Body meridians and correlating poses.
* Discovering and exploring the Upper Body Meridians and correlating poses.
* Props and prop placement. How to modify each posture to fit the individual.
* Deciphering between Tension and Compression.
* Connective Tissues.
* When practice and why practice?
* Sequencing and techniques for teaching Yin Yoga.
* Understanding the Yin Tapestry.
* Access to "Unravel Yin Yoga TT" Facebook Teacher page.
* 5 hours of Personal Exploration.
* 5 Hours of Personal Understanding. Upon completion of the program students will master the basics of Yin Yoga. With an understanding why this modality is quite unique, and the importance of the "Yin Tapestry" as a guide. This is not a full yin yoga training-however this training gives trainees the ability to lead their own yin yoga class. This course will count toward Yoga Alliance continuing education credits.
Required Reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark Chapter 1-4 The Four Foundations of Mindfulness in Plain English by Henepola Gunaratana.
30 Hour TT pricing: Early is $500 (before October 2020)
After is $600. Non-refundable.
Dates: November 20-22 2020 Friday: 3pm-8pm (5) Saturday: 11am-7pm (8) donation class and Potluck Sunday: 10:30am-5:30pm (7)
Ryah- of Nectar & Nurture Yoga -RYS, BA, E-RYT 500, RPYT, AYS, Reiki Practitioner, YACEP and 100Hr Yin Yoga Certified. Has been in love with Yin Yoga since the first class in 2009. With pleasure and a multitude of experience and education, Ryah has created her own "Unravel Yin Yoga" Teacher Training in 2015! Yin yoga is well worth the wait, join her for a sweet sojourn.